Thursday 1 June 2017

Alight


Like a bird in its flight,
I flap my wings in search of one perch,
But no perch seems permanent,
Another stop awaits,
The smaller birds flap their wings faster,
Leaving a trail of blurry thrills for the watching eye,
The large soaring birds are gaudy in flight,
Some hold their wings still as they maintain aero dynamics,
At times almost coming to a stall,
Then again gaining lift,
They too leave an imprint of thrill for the watching eye,
Perhaps this thrill can’t be bettered,
The presidential fly past of fighter planes has nothing on a bird in flight,
But even the fighter planes lifts to be airborne for a while to cause damage,
Then seeks an airport, carrier or even highway to land on,
This is the human cycle too,
From a hatchling growing in a nest,
Growing into faster flapping smaller birds in flight,
I too was quick with everything I did when I was nestling,
Then I turned 30, 
And looking over the horizon for when 40 comes,
Mid 30's definitely passes for midlife,
Midlife comes with crises, 
But I have to flight like the sturdy large birds,
Getting into flight and occasionally hold wings still,
But not staying still for long, 
Because I may stall,
Then a flap of wings slowly but surely,
And increasing speed with necessity,
I find my perch, and again I set off for my lift,
And the cycle goes on until I finally alight,
Free at last now I alight….
...but i will flight again




No comments:

Post a Comment